Computing Facilities Rental Policy
The Information Technology Services computing facilities may be used by on-campus and off-campus groups. There may be a charge for use of the facility depending on the specific purpose for which the room will be used.
- If the event has an academic purpose directly related to the university, such as an on-line exam or a skills lesson that supports the curriculum, there will be no charge.
- If the event is associated directly with a URI administrative department, such as a HR incentive course or a skills lesson that supports staff functions, there will be no charge.
- If the event is associated with an academic or administrative department but there is a fee for participation in the event, then a fee will be assessed for using the facility.
- If the event is not associated with the University community, there will be a fee assessed.
All use of the facilities is predicated on no prior commitment of the room for academic use. Off-campus, non-URI affiliated groups should contact the URI Conference and Special Programs Office at 874-2170.
On-campus groups wishing to use either Quinn or Fine Arts computing facilities should contact Enrollment Services.
On-campus groups wishing to use the Ballentine computing facility should submit an email to the lab reservation email account.
- The Memorial Union Lab can be reserved for use by conference groups during the summer, if the use does not conflict with Freshman Orientation in June or Lab updates at the end of August.
- The large ITS student computing facility in the Library is not reservable.
- The Language Learning Resource Center in Swan Hall is not reservable.
- Laptop carts are also available for use in Swan and Chafee.
The two smaller computing facilities (Quinn and Fine Arts) will be charged at a rate of $100 per half-day.
The larger Ballentine Lab will be charged at a rate of $200 per half-day.
The four-year old Dell laptops will be charged at a rate of $5 per day per laptop. There are twenty of these machines.
The newer laptop carts will be charged at a rate of $10 per day per laptop. These machines are in Swan and Chafee Halls and may not be removed from the building,