Computing Facilities Rental Policy
From ITS Wiki - Information Technology Services - University of Rhode Island
The Information Technology Services computing facilities may be used by on-campus and off-campus groups. There may be a charge for use of the facility depending on the specific purpose for which the room will be used.
- If the event has an academic purpose directly related to the university, such as an on-line exam or a skills lesson that supports the curriculum, there will be no charge.
- If the event is associated directly with a URI administrative department, such as a HR incentive course or a skills lesson that supports staff functions, there will be no charge.
- If the event is associated with an academic or administrative department but there is a fee for participation in the event, then a fee will be assessed for using the facility.
- If the event is not associated with the University community, there will be a fee assessed.
All use of the facilities is predicated on no prior commitment of the room for academic use. Off-campus, non-URI affiliated groups should contact the URI Conference and Special Programs Office at 874-2170.
On-campus groups wishing to use either Quinn or Fine Arts computing facilities should contact Enrollment Services.
On-campus groups wishing to use the Ballentine computing facility should submit an email to the lab reservation email account.
- The large ITS student computing facility in the Library is not reservable.
- The Language Learning Resource Center in Swan Hall is not reservable.
- Laptop carts are also available for use in Swan and Chafee.
The two smaller computing facilities (Quinn and Fine Arts) will be charged at a rate of $100 per half-day.
The larger Ballentine Lab will be charged at a rate of $200 per half-day.
The four-year old Dell laptops will be charged at a rate of $5 per day per laptop. There are twenty of these machines.
The newer laptop carts will be charged at a rate of $10 per day per laptop. These machines are in Swan and Chafee Halls and may not be removed from the building,
Fall and Spring
Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Monday - Thursday 8:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Fine Arts Lab
Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 12: 00 PM