This page is part of a category. To see more pages like this, go to the Networking index.
This page is part of a category. To see more pages like this, go to the Gaming index.
While the university network currently allows plug-and-play for gaming systems, some may experience difficulties getting online. Follow the basic steps below before calling the Help Desk.
Microsoft Xbox 360
1. Go to the System area (far-right blade) of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
2. Select "Edit Settings". Under basic settings, make sure the IP Address is set to Automatic.
Sony Play Station 3 (PS3)
1. Power up the PlayStation 3 without any disc in the drive.
2. Once the PlayStation 3 operating system has loaded, select Settings, then Network Settings.
3. When the Network Settings list appears, select the first option which is titled Settings and Connection Status List.
4. Make sure the IP Address is set to Automatic.
Playstation 3 SafeConnect Authentication Directions
1. Go to main screen
2. Go to settings
3. Go to network settings
4. Go to Internet connection test
5. Click ‘yes’ to continue,
A successful test will result in the following:
- IP address will read ‘succeeded’
- Internet Connection should also read ‘succeeded’
- UPnP should fail or say ‘not available.’
- NAT type should read type 1.
If the internet connection test fails try the following:
1. Go back to the main menu.
2. Go to the network menu
3. Choose internet browser.
4. Try to go to a website like google.com , or cnn.com.
If this doesn’t work, please record the error that you see. After recording the error, direct the browser to http://www.uri.edu/security/info. Please call the helpdesk and give all the information present on the page.
1. To authenticate a Nintentdo Wii with SafeConnect on a wired connection you need to have an internet browser installed. After going to the browser and generating internet traffic, SafeConnect will recognize the device as a gaming console. If you do not have a browser installed, you will have to download one off-campus and then come back on campus.
Nintendo Wii Network Setup